Blog 4
This past Wednesday, we had guest speaker Kirsten Johnson and watched a shortened clip of one of her films. I enjoyed her film and I thought some of the shots were very cool including the shot where she walked through the balloons and the shot of the boy next to the mountains which was angled upwards to see the blimp in the sky as well. This film was more personal to me due to the fact that my best friend is in the Army and is currently in Afghanistan right now, so it was interesting to see some things that he may see everyday over there, especially the lack of color in the environment. When it came to Kirsten Johnson's speech however, I was not really sure what the purpose of it was and I am unsure if I agree with things that she said. I feel as if she was trying to make a lot of things deeper than they were and was exaggerating the responses given to her in order to turn it into a more thoughtful response. There were some deep responses such as the student who discussed nothing being important and life's paradox, however I wasn't clear on what the overall goal of her speech was. I enjoyed the standing up and looking at a person in the eyes part as it was quite funny to do it with my friend. But I can't say I specifically learned anything from the entire thing.
Comments
Post a Comment